« Home | Autumn Treat: Apple Cider Kit » | Testing date & time »

Night Photos

I'm not a photographer of any note; the running joke is how many photos I need to take to get a good one, mostly because my hands aren't very steady. But, last month I learned a valuable lesson in night photography. September 10 and 11 the Pentagon lit up the sky, one light for each person who died there on 9/11. I was determined to get photos of the light display so went up to our roof (I live a mile from the Pentagon) to get some. As usual in the dark, I turned on the flash. I snapped a couple of shots but behind me were a couple talking about turning off the flash. So, I decided to try it. Wow! What a difference turning off the flash made. My early shots were terrible and you could barely see any light at all, but all the shots without the flash came out bright and great. From now on when I take night photos of a lit area I am not using my flash. You can see the difference between the flash (top) photo and the non-flash (bottom) photo.



You can see the memorial layout I did with this photo here.

About me

  • I'm Monique
  • From Virgina, United States
My profile

My Galleries

Wishlist

    Monique's Scrapbook...
    www.kaboodle.com

Links